Let me keep it simple

Wednesday 13 July 2016

A COASTAL BELLE


I have been smitten. So easily I am even doubting whether this is infatuation or something that is real and there to stay. It's confusing. Yet incidences like this happen, especially out of the woods. They are not cast in isolation since they may have happened sometimes back to a bloke like yours truly.


So one morning while I was heading to work, a pretty lady came and sat next to me. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Before I noticed the infectious smile that had lightened up her pretty face, I noticed something. The legs. She was in a tight fitting light blue jeans that gives mental illusions and I can’t deny that the legs were finely contoured. She was petite. There is something sexy about petite women. They make me more virile and masculine. I usually find them attractive and more aesthetically pleasing to my brain and hence I feel comfortable and in control. This in turn induces some Oxycontin in my system and if she first breaks the ice and strikes up a conversation with me, that’s it. That means my testosterone levels rise and though I fear strangers, there are some who make you want to seize the chance without further ado.


“Hii place iko mbali na town,” she asked. However, I never noticed the coastal accent as it sounded more Nairobish.


Sio sana,” I replied.


As a matter of fact, I was already late for work. When it comes to timing, being on time means you are late according to a certain wise-man. The Israeli leader was in town and a major traffic snarl up had ensued since the major highway was cleared to allow for swift movement by the highly guarded head of state. I noticed a chopper hovering just a few metres from the ground. Indeed, security was tight. Luckily, this was a blessing in disguise on my part. Incidences like this come once in a million.


We did alight because a certain donda had intimated that there was no motion beyond the place we were. Our conversation never continued beyond me answering the question. Something though is for sure. Pretty girls can be more confident especially when they are sure about themselves. She was like a those annoying blog posts that want you to click the link to find out what is inside. Which am not usually tempted to do because of the bundles thingy given that the gen you may get may be stale, repetitive or cheesy.


I decided to walk behind her just to find out if she was enthused as I was in continuing our conversation. I easily noticed that her eyes were looking at me from an angle even though I was behind her. Since there were many people walking in the same direction, I did not want to lose track of her. I wanted to explore my imagination further. However, she was in a trench coat that concealed the obviously pure elements so I was left guessing what could she be hiding beneath the coat.


Being the don’t care that I am, I decided to take the bulls by its horns, ‘kama mbaya sawa’. I am the shy type of guy. So I must do a little bit of math because it was now my turn to explore the conversation further.
However, since there was a sea of humanity headed to town, there was a certain jamaa who was also curtailing my efforts to walk with this chiquitta. He was relentlessly by her side and this made my ego really bruised. I was seething with rage inside because he looked like a salesman. Which is my current profession in a certain tier one bank where am still a rookie who has not made any sale though my leads are looking prospective each and every day.


I think there is something sexy about telling a lady that you work. What’s more, if that is her dream career, she even becomes more servile. I managed to outwit the bloke blocking my way from this new flame and I don’t remember how the conversation started or continued. It was just something flawless without those ahs and ehs that I sometimes struggle with to maintain a conversation with a new lady. I am the macho type of man. When I take control, I want the lady am with to listen to me or I listen to her as we converse without her causing a scene that may have an egg on my face.


I got to ask her about so many things. I remember how my inquisitive nature once landed me in trouble with a certain lady and I had to save face by quickly exiting like a rained on cat. Luckily, this lady was coy and reticent. Even though I still lacked manners in how I did handle her, she did not look disturbed as I prodded her with one question after the other.


Let me call her Amina, a colloquial name because I even forgot what her real name is. It’s tricky and demeaning reasking a lady her name. But I think the M-pesa magic can easily work out.  She told me she was graduate from Cooperative university in Karen. Had always wanted to have a career as a banker and worked for a famous online shop as warehouse attendant specializing in mobile phones. Having previously worked in an online shop, there was an easy way to gel. As opposed to her, I worked in the IT section or driving sales via the website. She executes the orders after a sale has been found which means someone has to have his act right  in terms of ensuring the site is in operation or else, she will be out of work if the mass media were to be denied the access of internet.



We walked for close to one kilometer together engaging in trivial chats and laughter about the frustrations and good side of being an employee. And in due course, she removed her coat. I think she read my mind and did that deliberately because I was stealing glances at her waiting for that opportune moment. She was fine. Not excessively fine such that she attracts many onlookers (team mafisi) as this could have made me quite uncomfortable. I wanted to find a way of walking with our hands interlocked but given that I was in semi-formal dress code and her in casual wear because that is what she should be in, and given that this was our first time meeting, I regrettably never did that.


Hasta La Vista Baby.


[Photo source: Google Images]
Share:

RECENT POST

Let's Try Again

You are enveloped in the comfort of your bed; the ebbs and flows of a neon-pink vision dance in the darkness behind your closed eyes. How th...